The WR300 is so named after achieving a new UKSF and World Record cast at Huntingdon, England in May 2002 on 150gm (5.25 ozs) weight. The exact distance was 301.43 yards. The first rod ever to cast over 300 yards at UKSF Grand Prix: many had said it could not be done and many had tried for years. Autoclave Technology, Gearbox Design and the remarkable dedication of Danny Moeskops made it possible.
Now what’s that all got to do with angling and what benefits does this bring to you? Simple – Century set out to produce a true fishing rod because the style of casting used in the arena of Tournament casting is not that different to practical sea fishing – just add a whole load of practice and dedication. Using heavier lines to combat with tough conditions the Gearbox gives terrific control during the compression stage of the cast and brings feel on the retrieve through dense kelp and over rough ground. The WR 300 is a user friendly, practical sea-angling rod that will lift your aspirations to the highest levels. It will retain its casting and fishing parameters long after others have given up the ghost.
Undoubtedly a rod for tough conditions where kelp jungles would overwhelm ordinary rods and leave you wondering exactly what you had lost.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 3K-3Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in metallic gold and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape – top guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Pair of Coasters supplied to secure multiplier reel
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 13′ 3″. Casting Ratio – 125-225g. RRP – £540
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]