Danny Moeskops had a huge influence in the design of the Kompressor SS. He wanted a rod that would load up with 175 gram plus baited trace, reel brimming with line, 12 turns of 80lb shock leader and send a baited rig effortlessly into big seas and really rough ground. The upper tip retains the same compression curve of the Kompressor S however the lower barrel of the tip and butt is more powerful allowing energy to be stored and released through a series of enhanced Gearboxes. The smoothness of delivery is a revelation and the rod recovers quickly to allow the fast passage of line. The overall compression curve at maximum stretch prescribes a letter C. Deflection of the tip when anchored against a well secured lead and a tight line is indicative even to small taps and nudges.
Consider kelp jungles, really tough conditions that anglers encounter on the eastern seaboard of Scotland down to Yorkshire, Northern Scotland with its deep sea lochs, Wales and Cornwall, where local and roving anglers can battle the elements with confidence. The Kompressor SS has been completely evaluated in these venues by anglers who were impressed by the power, lightness and slimness of the rod that can send a baited trace and 200gm lead a very long way. If you are looking for exotic excursions – Danny has tamed Bronze Whaler sharks from the east African coast on this rod.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 3K-3Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in Aquamarine and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape – top guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century / Fuji DPS sliding reel seat – coaster not needed, locks to blank just by tightening Fuji hood
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 13′ 10″. Casting Ratio – 125-200g. RRP – £510
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]