The Kompressor S is designed to deliver a super smooth cast. This smoothness is a key feature of the remarkable design – it helps to calm the reel and keeps you in the loop throughout the cast cycle with feedback that almost seems uncanny. Connect and haul. It all seems so easy. It has taken some considerable time to perfect and incorporates all Century’s resources including Autoclave Technology, Gearbox Design and years of experience on the beach, custom mandrels, the latest electric rolling tables and more than a little attention to detail.
The Kompressor S is the great all rounder and you do not need to be a mighty pendulum warrior to get results. An easy action in the tip focused into a progressive Gearbox butt allows you to access the power zones and release the stored energy at your discretion rather than the rods. Ideal for heavy to mixed ground with the occasional excursion into less demanding conditions: never forget that a medium to powerful rod can always fish shingle shores and medium tidal streams – as well as the heavy stuff but this is not true in reverse. Flexibility is king for an angler that explores.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 3K-3Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K guides
- Tied in metallic green and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape – top guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century / Fuji DPS sliding reel seat – coaster not needed, locks to blank just by tightening Fuji hood
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 13′ 10″. Casting Ratio – 125-200g. RRP – £485
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]