The Excalibur C is a significant step forward in rod dynamics and incorporates exclusive technology – both in the tip and butt section. Century’s well established Autoclave Technology, Gearbox Design and AT-T (anti twist technology) is complimented by a new HPR resin technology primarily in the tip section. The outcome and benefit is a significant reduction in the tip weight, greater toughness and a very fast tip recovery.
Designed for mixed to hard conditions – the battle curve and casting action describe a more progressive arc and will suit anglers that are combating tidal streams, boulders, weed and want to deliver a large bait package. The action will suit all casting styles and will particularly favour an OTG or pendulum where timing and power flow can be felt throughout the cast. Anglers who have the skills and can access the energy storage capability in the lower tip and upper butt will enjoy seeing terminal tackle sail away and those that can fully access all the power bands in the Gearbox Design butt will achieve the longest distances.
The new HPR resin matrix – blended with high strength carbon fibres in the tip will telegraph bites and retain the design action significantly longer.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- HPR advanced composite tip
- Blank colour: 1K-1Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in Aquamarine metallic and Royal Blue
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape between top two guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century / Fuji DPS sliding reel seat – coaster not needed, locks to blank just by tightening Fuji hood
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 13′ 10″. Casting Ratio – 100-200g. RRP – £570
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]