Century Excalibur Braid rods have a very supple tip, a slow progressive increase in power in the mid-section to accommodate the non-elastic properties of braid and the power then increases rapidly in the butt.
The design principle separates the rod into 3 distinct zones: the tip zone cushions the braid and protects light hook holds, the mid zone develops a subtle increase in stiffness that controls the fish during the main lift phase and the final zone delivers leverage to control a specimen fish diving back for cover in snags. These 3 zones work collectively to bring the benefits in using braid and the transition between the zones is seamless.
The carefully considered guide spacing and sizes allow a smooth transition of braid through the guides even when maximum down force is applied and are selected to last many years.
The 3 models in the range are all designed using the same well researched and tested design principles. The 12-20lb is light and super sensitive, the 20-40lb designed for stronger fish and 20-50lb with a more powerful upper tip and slightly more powerful mid zone will cater for the larger specimens.
- DPS 20 reel seat.
- JSR joint grips and stainless steel trim band.
- JSR lower handle and rubber butt cap
- Black EVA grip with flat upper for braid control
- Multi modulus carbon construction: advanced resin system -Autoclave cured for action retention
- Anti Twist Technology (AT-T)
- Petrol blue translucent colour blank with metallic marine blue and Royal blue wrappings.
- Length – 7′ 6″ #12-20. RRP – £360
- Length – 8′ 4″ #20-40. RRP – £385
- Length – 8′ 4″ #20-50. RRP – £390
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century current factory finished boat rods use Kigan – Zirconium liners: DW stainless chrome, oval – triangular frame. Single leg intermediates and double leg lower guides: 9 guides + tip guide. Butt section has no guides.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]