The Eliminator T800 covers a wide range of fishing applications and the SGT tip is a delight registering the finest indicator bites. Slightly narrower and even more sensitive in the tip than its big brother – T900, it will still handle conger, hounds and cod where 5ozs plus a big bait package is required. T800 is a great long distance match rod with sufficient tenacity and power to bully fish through weed. It can be confidently described as a relaxed long range casting rod and easy to use over mixed and smooth ground.
The technical specification is huge and well researched. Century has incorporated HPR resin technology, Autoclave Technology and for the first time 45/45 STF (spread tow fabric) to improve AT-T anti-twist. The STF surfaces at the upper butt and lower tip and compliments the Anti-Twist Technology incorporated throughout the rod. STF comes straight out of Formula One and all cars use this material extensively in the chassis for performance.
The tip is built primarily from S-2 unidirectional Super Glass – hence SGT. S-2 Glass is the ultimate in high strength glass fibre providing the highest level of performance available in this specialist reinforcement. Produced with increased levels of silica purity than standard glass fibre, S-2 Glass offers the ultimate physical properties including high tensile strength, compressive strength and improved impact resistance. When combined with Century’s HPR resin matrix system and high pressure autoclave curing – rod tips deliver slow, easy, non-critical loading and superb indicator bite detection.
Fitted with the robust yet super light Titanium guides as standard keeps excess weight to a minimum.
Have a read of Chris Kennedy Barnard product review which discusses the T800 and T900 and includes a couple of lovely scenic photos
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: Butt – Spread Tow Fabric. Tip – Black Gloss
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in Aqua metallic under wraps and jet black with silver trims
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape – top guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century / Fuji DPS sliding reel seat – coaster not needed, locks to blank just by tightening Fuji hood
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 13′ 6″. Casting Ratio – 100-175g. RRP – £615
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]