The Century TT-R design is complex but follows a simple formula when casting and hauling. The casting action is designed to progressively unload from the area that is most compressed by the caster and thus govern the ejection speed of the lead and bait. The hauling works in reverse with a progressive load moving into the butt. What really makes the TT-R different from any other rod is the design input and the way the carbon fibre patterns are cut and processed in the manufacturing process. The casting credentials of TT-R are more than proven and the hauling credentials in match winning success – equally proven. It is not easy to get a rod to this ultimate level and as owners will testify – the benefits and rewards are considerable.
Designed primarily for hard fishing conditions and rough seas – the tip will not bounce and easily detect rattle bites once the lead is set in place and the connection path though the line and bait is tight. Effective sensitivity when you see bites and fish action and not passing weed and breaking waves.
The TT-R’s potential distance capability, when there is no action close in to the shore is rewarding and gives distinct advantages: the TT-R will handle both close quarter and long range.
Concentrated carbon fiber and composites technology, manufactured in UK with some of the most advanced techniques and a heritage of achievement by world class anglers and casters.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 1K-1Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in metallic silver and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape between top two guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Pair of Coasters supplied to secure multiplier reel
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 14′. Casting Ratio – 125-225g. RRP – £685
Large Preview[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]
Century factory finished beach rods in 2020 will be fitted with American Tackle Titanium K guides and a Anti Tangle tip guide. We believe these are the best guides on the market to partner with our high performance blanks and make your built rod lighter and more responsive. The K guide shape is automatic disentangling guide frame and is suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool reels. Remember to minimise line twist – one of the principal reasons for line coiling using fixed spool reels - by paying regular attention to this aspect. Please consult your reel manufacturer or dealer for detailed advice and guidance.
Guide Spacing Diagram[ Use scroll bar to scroll left to right ]